Thursday, April 21, 2011

Frame up

I took a day off yesterday to spend with my mom and pup to try and get some stuff done around the house. It was surprisingly theraputic! In between dishes, finishing projects, bank runs, paper sorting, and all the other junk we got accomplished, I also managed to squeeze in a few paint projects as well. Three to be exact, and ironically, all frames!

Last weekend Mom and I went to my cousin's bebeh shower, and we were both the recipient of prizes! Mom won a small Mikasa oval picture frame (and for the rest of the day had to hear me say "Mikasa es su casa!") and I won the grand prize of a fleur de lis drink dispenser (pictures soon, I promise, because I know you're all just dying to see it). ;) But it's what Mom's gift came in that got me going on my frame project.


I loved this colorful little bag she brought home. I kept hissing throughout the party, "Make sure you keep the bag!" because my aunt was trying to throw it out. I knew I had the perfect little IKEA frame for it, so when we got home I traced out a piece of the bag to size, primed and painted a frame, and I had instant artwork! I love the way the black pops all those bright colors (although after seeing this picture, I think I'd like it better horizontally).


Then I remembered two other frames that someone had given me (my family knows who to come to when they think things are useless). I'd stuck 'em in a drawer and just never got around to painting them. So I took out their inserts (someone had a thing for apples), and planned to paint one black and one another color (but no clue what that color would be). I wanted to layer them on the wall because they fit together perfectly! I was ridiculously thrilled considering they were part of a matching set.




So, there you have it! I kept the smaller frame primed white until I decide what I want to do. And its insert is another gift bag that I had hanging around.


Hopefully soon these babies will be showcased in our portico wall that I'm trying to put together (yes, I'm calling it a "portico wall" rather than a "gallery wall"). I know it's not an original idea, but eh. I like it. ;)


I'm linking up to:
Thrifty Thursday @ Thrifty Decorating

3 comments:

Thanks for visiting my little slice of the internet! Comments, questions, and feedback are greatly appreciated and I'll do my best to answer (or input) on anything you have to say.

Oh, and FYI: snarky, mean, abusive, or comments meant to start arguments will not be published. This is my happy place. I'd like to keep it that way. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...