Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The current tablescape

I realized yesterday that I had a picture of my new table setting in the header, but I'd never actually posted pictures of it on the blog. Oops! Let's fix that shall we? ;) I gave you a little tease of a preview a few weeks back when I showed you the adorable detailing on the Martha Stewart dishes my step-mom bought me for Christmas. Their playful black and white pattern and girly scalloped edges made them the perfect transitional pieces for winter into spring (whose weather we've seen a few days here and there--yesterday it was 70-degrees! but I digress...).


Here's how everything looks now that it's put together (forgive the bad lighting. we just got a new camera and I'm still learning its settings).


The green placemats I picked up at CB2 (Crate & Barrel's modern counterpart) for only $0.95 a piece. Loving how they jazz up all the black and white.


For our centerpiece, I decided I couldn't dip into any foliage yet as it is only January, so I went with an array of white candles. The tapers I bought from IKEA--I think you can get boxes of 20 candles or so for about $10.


Other details: the glasses are also from IKEA, they're nearly identical to my Pottery Barn cafe glasses (except they only cost $0.57). The napkins are from the Martha Stewart line as well (I have no idea what it's called) and were a gift with the dishes. Come spring I'm thinking I want to switch everything out for my big white pitcher and some fresh daisies, so I’ll have to get some more spring-inspired placemats and table linens. Guess I better start stalking my favorite websites for some sales!

1 comment:

  1. I am loving this table set up! we're doing our entire kitchen in a white, grey, and green color scheme, so naturally, I think this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little slice of the internet! Comments, questions, and feedback are greatly appreciated and I'll do my best to answer (or input) on anything you have to say.

Oh, and FYI: snarky, mean, abusive, or comments meant to start arguments will not be published. This is my happy place. I'd like to keep it that way. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...