Saturday, April 30, 2011

April 1/12, fail(ish)

Okay, there's no shame in admitting that some resolutions you just can't keep right? Well, consider my April 1/12 to buy as little as possible at full retail a failure. Maybe not so much a failure as "not such a good idea for a resolution." Yes, I used coupons where I could (JoAnn's mainly), and yes I used discounts where I got 'em (Pottery Barn and the outlet, my military discount at Home Depot), but I don't feel like I actually did anything productive this month--which I hate because all of my other 1/12's have made me feel very productive!

However, I did get reacquainted with eBay (I forgot what good deals you can find if you try), and I got accustomed to checking the free section on Craigslist almost daily to see what people were getting rid of (man did I miss out on some good things!), and I remembered that there are places like Goodwill where you can get picture frames for a buck.

So, while I didn't make any Earth shattering discoveries or manage to sock away an extra $500, I was reminded that while it's easier to shop at retail stores sometimes it's more satisfying to hunt down those bargains. Makes the rewards a little sweeter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little slice of the internet! Comments, questions, and feedback are greatly appreciated and I'll do my best to answer (or input) on anything you have to say.

Oh, and FYI: snarky, mean, abusive, or comments meant to start arguments will not be published. This is my happy place. I'd like to keep it that way. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...