Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Non-Christmas-after-Christmas sales

Our tree was down by noon on December 27. Yeah, I was done with Christmas this year. I wanted to tear down the holly garland, pack up the tree, and move onto Spring. Then I looked over at my couches and saw the old bird pillows. A little worn out and a little deflated (thanks to constantly being hugged, tugged, and slept on by the slew of Marines we have over)--they weren't exactly screaming "bring on the new year!" So I hopped online and started scanning the sale section of my favorite decor website: Pottery Barn, duh. I was seeing a lot of red (in the good way) but when I saw these, I had to do a double take.



in case you can't see that teeny tiny print, it says $9.99 marked down from $29

I mean, $10 for a Pottery Barn pillow?! A big 22" x 22" one?? I can get three for the price of one? It was definitely worth taking a closer look. I had seen these in-store and tried to talk my mom into them because the white one had shades of green and purple in it (Mom has a Tuscan-wine feel to her house). I was hoping the ones on sale were the blue ones--the ones that would go with our decor. And they were! I can't wait to start playing around with that great golden yellow it's got going on.



sorry to anyone who has them monogramed, but that's not the look we'll be rocking--too busy with all that print

Now that the couches were getting a little post-Christmas love, I figured I'd get to work on my table. Down came the winter-esque tablescape. I decided to play with some black and white Martha Stewart dishes my step-mom bought me. I love the little scalloped edges.


But the table was looking pret-ty bare without the holiday place mats. So, wanting something a little more modern I popped over to CB2's website, where I found these for a whopping $0.95 a piece!


They're simple lime/apple green basket weave placemats, but I think with the current black and white dish/table combo I got going on right now, they'll add a fresh pop of color and a little pizzazz.

So there you have it, some post-holiday sales to give my house (and myself) a little pick-me-up. Once the table linens arrive, I'll show you a shot of everything put together and the new centerpiece I'm rocking right now.

Anyone else snatching up some great sale items that aren't actually Christmas-y?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little slice of the internet! Comments, questions, and feedback are greatly appreciated and I'll do my best to answer (or input) on anything you have to say.

Oh, and FYI: snarky, mean, abusive, or comments meant to start arguments will not be published. This is my happy place. I'd like to keep it that way. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...