Friday, May 6, 2011

Not my size? No problem!

Recently I purchased new bedding from The Company Store to help spruce up our bedroom and bring it into spring/summer. I opted for TCS over places like Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel because 1.) I really liked some of their clearence sheets, but 2.) the other stores carry mostly 200 thread count sheets. I kind of made myself a promise that I would never put anything on our bed that was less than 300 thread count again--c'mon now, we're grown ups! ;) Plus, I knew TCS would have a lot of different options for striped bedding, which is exactly what I wanted.

I chose their Parker Stripe Percale sheets because I loved that they had varying shades of brown, but also because the stripes were nice and thick (oh, and they were 50% off).


The only problem was they didn't have any queen size flat sheets in the lovely Oatmeal color I was looking for! D'oh!


The I realized I could order one of the other sizes for my flat sheet, because my fitted sheet was what really mattered most (and thankfully the combo queen/Oatmeal was available). So I pondered between a full for $13 or a king for $23. Pfft! Hello budget, full size it is!


But if you think I'm done there, you're wrong! I went one step further and started huting down a free shipping coupon. I was already on a roll with savings, there was no way I wanted to fork out $8 for shipping! I like Retail Me Not for online coupons. Unfortunately, the code I used is expired, but I imagine it's been replaced by now.

So for just under $44, I got an entire sheet set of 300 thread count cotton percale bedding. If I'd paid full retail (plus shipping) I would have shelled out $110! Now that's what I call a bargain.

After thought: Whoever thought "Oatmeal" was the correct word to describe that bedding color was wrong. Unless they add the words "Brown Sugar" before it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little slice of the internet! Comments, questions, and feedback are greatly appreciated and I'll do my best to answer (or input) on anything you have to say.

Oh, and FYI: snarky, mean, abusive, or comments meant to start arguments will not be published. This is my happy place. I'd like to keep it that way. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...