Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Big. Fat. BLEEPING. Fail.

OMG I'm not even kidding. I'm so freaking ticked off, disgusted, and spiteful right now. I hate the way the headboard turned out. Did you get that? Did the bold font make it loud and clear? H-A-T-E hate. By the time you read this, I've already take it down and am devising a plan on a.) what to do with our blank bedroom wall and b.) trying to decide what I'm going to do with the leftover wood. I'm going to show you a photo of how it turned out, just so I can show and tell you what went wrong and why I was actually on the brink of closing up shop, hanging up my hammer, and swearing off DIY projects all together. Like, seriously. Was having that kind of pity party.

To refresh your memory, this pretty little picture was my inspiration.


And here's its fugly wannabe doppelganger (notice I didn't even make the bed for this shot).


The cushions were ones I had lying around the house from IKEA. I just hot glued painted buttons into the tufted areas to make them more defined. Somehow, when I actually hung the cushions (a.k.a. nailed them on because the hook system I had originally planned on also failed) they squished together and left me with a six inch gap on the end. ????? Which is bitterly ironic, because the shelf is 6-inches too long for the bed, but that's because when I was planning on hanging the cushions from hooks, that's the size it had to be! Also, after washing drying, and vainly attempting to steam them, the cushions are still so ridiculously wrinkled! And then there are the knot holes in the pine. They would have been beautiful if I had stained the wood (which I didn't because I could finish a color I liked) but painted it just looks odd. And that brings me to the paint color itself. Not so sure how much I'm loving that yellow...although it does look nice with the lemon wreath I have hanging...

So there you have it. My big fat bleeping fail of a headboard. I'm literally cursing it and just want to rip it apart with my bare hands. But I know all that would do is ruin perfectly salvageable wood and leave me with splintered bleeding hands.

But I am not happy. And as of this posting, I have no idea what the heck I'm going to do with that blank wall which is now mocking me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little slice of the internet! Comments, questions, and feedback are greatly appreciated and I'll do my best to answer (or input) on anything you have to say.

Oh, and FYI: snarky, mean, abusive, or comments meant to start arguments will not be published. This is my happy place. I'd like to keep it that way. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...