Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions, 2012 edition

So...I've felt super awkward since every other post I see on my Facebook feed is "YAY!! 2012!! OMG my resolutions are [insert mile long list here]!!! 2012 is going to be the best year EVER!!!!!!!!!!" Um...ok. Yay enthusiasm? But now picture me with the cartoon-like ? above my head. Since last year's resolution kind of fizzled somewhere around June or July, we can clearly see I'm not the best for keeping resolutions year round. But, I figured I'd give it the old college try and (dare I say it?) make a resolution for 2012. It's both a big one, and a little one, and one I know a million other people are doing.

DE-CLUTTER OUR HOUSE.

I know. Super original right? (And wow, that looks kinda scary all in red and giant letters!) But after many (failed) attempts at trying to keep this place organized, I'm starting to realize we just have too much crap and too many broken systems. Mail is strewn everywhere but the basket I bought for it (maybe because the basket sits on our book shelf in our office tucked away in the downstairs corner of our house?). Shoes are lined up in the foyer (::cough:: Jason's! ::cough::) or along the stairway (::cough:: mine! ::cough::) instead of in closets.

Useless knick-knacks purchased for the sole purpose of creating vignettes? Check! Random un-matching picture frames stored in linen closets because I don't know how to say no? Check! 8 sets of duvets/comforters, 12 sets of sheets, and 16 pillows in a house with only 2 beds?? Check check!!

Bring it on 2012--let the de-crapifying begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little slice of the internet! Comments, questions, and feedback are greatly appreciated and I'll do my best to answer (or input) on anything you have to say.

Oh, and FYI: snarky, mean, abusive, or comments meant to start arguments will not be published. This is my happy place. I'd like to keep it that way. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...